Jan 27, 2011

Talk about hype!

The big news of the moment are the demonstrations going on throughout the Arab World in places like Tunisia, Egypt and Yemen. Interesting to be sure, but I always watch these things somewhat cynically. Just because the current government isn’t responsive to the people doesn’t necessarily mean what replaces it (should there be some kind of revolution) will be any better.



A group of bourgeois idiots looking for the romance of taking up a cause and becoming ‘revolutionaries’ is also somewhat laughable at times and also a little sickening.

In this case, I saw this video of what was billed as ‘Tiananmen like courage.’

Oh, fucking please!

Comparing a lone guy staring down a tank to a guy standing in front of a truck that is using the lamest water cannon I’ve ever seen is a bit of an overstatement unless there is something about Egyptians and water I fail to grasp. Is this some kind of bathing reference? Is something like what happened to the wicked witch in the Wizard of Oz going to occur?

In case you think I’m being harsh:

No comments: